In today’s busy world, we are always in a hurry to reach our destination. However, it is important to remember that the road is not just for us. There are other drivers, pedestrians, and cyclists who share the same space. To ensure everyone’s safety, it is essential to obey traffic rules and regulations, especially traffic lights. In this article, we will discuss in detail the importance of paying attention to traffic light yellow or orange signals.
What Does Yellow or Orange Signal Mean?
Yellow or orange signal indicates caution or warning. They mean that the traffic light is about to turn red, and we should slow down and prepare to stop. Yellow or orange signal also means that we should not accelerate or speed up to cross the intersection before the light turns red.
Why Should We Pay Attention to Yellow or Orange Signals?
Ignoring yellow or orange signal can lead to serious consequences. Here are some reasons why we should pay attention to them:
- Prevents accidents: Yellow or orange signal gives us the warning to stop or slow down, and avoiding them can help prevent accidents.
- Avoids traffic violations: Running a yellow or orange signal is a traffic violation and can result in fines, points on license, or even license suspension.
- Saves lives: Paying attention to yellow or orange signal can save lives. Pedestrians or cyclists may be crossing the intersection, and running the light can lead to a fatal accident.
What Should We Do When We See Yellow or Orange Signal?
When we see a yellow or orange signal, we should do the following:
- Slow down and prepare to stop.
- Check for other motor vehicles, pedestrians, and cyclists.
- Do not accelerate or speed up to cross the intersection.
- Stop at the intersection if it is safe to do so.